Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Two cups of coffee kind of day

Today has been a day of cleaning and cleaning and still not looking like much has been cleaned. It's not obsessive cleaning, but too-long postponed deep cleaning and purging and it will keep going. Taking a little break right now while a certain toddler plays in the baby pool-- it's lovely, with a bit of a breeze and spots of shade. I had to get up off the blanket we laid out because I was drifting to sleep. I'm just noticing the horizon today, the tree-covered mountains to the west and the clear blue line in the east. It's lovely here. We had ice cream cones after lunch and the baby pool was my method of cleaning off-- it's not entirely effective. 

Our tomatoes are growing (or at least alive kind of) in spite of me. 

Days until school: thirtyish? 

Focus today: making the house feel liveable and not a collection of clutter. Sick of clutter. I'm resisting the urge to just throw everything away. The hard work isn't getting rid of stuff, for me, it's taking the time to sort through it properly and follow up on trashing, restoring, giving away, and putting away. It'd be easier to just toss it all. But that's not any better than just letting it sit around, really. 

I just know that this house is starting to feel too small and 90% of that feeling is coming from STUFF, not people. 10% is probably having only one toilet, heh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment